The students are coming back to campus and we've had some orientation sessions with them. As I mentioned before, classes have been delayed by a week because the building isn't finished, so we were supposed to start today, but we will now start next Sunday. The 2nd year students (who I will be teaching) registered for classes yesterday and now I know I will have 44 students in my class. I'm VERY excited. That's a lot of grading and prep work to do all by myself, but I'll just have this one class, and that's what I came to do--teach chemistry :-)
There's only space for 24 students in the lab, so I'll have one lecture and two almost-full lab sections at different times. So I've been busy getting everything ready--the shopping trip to the chemical supply store should happen on Tuesday, so I'm pretty excited for that!
Here's a photo of how all the new desks are getting delivered to school:

needless to say, it took a lot of trips on the bicycle delivery vehicle to fill up all the new classrooms!
The other exciting/interesting news is that a gecko died on my patio and the ants completely cleaned its skeleton in less than one day, so now I have a cute, perfect little gecko skeleton as a Bangladesh souvenir....
I want a gecko skeleton please.
ReplyDeleteI have a very sad story about the gecko skeleton. My cleaning lady threw it away. I wasn't there when she did it, so it was long gone by the time I realized. I was going to mail it to my dad for his birthday. I almost cried when i found out.
ReplyDelete