Saturday, July 10, 2010

Some random photos

I have a few photos, mostly taken yesterday on our way to a wildlife sanctuary (more photos to come of that) but that could have been taken anywhere and they don't really fall into one specific category. First, a roadside image of jackfruit and lime sellers. The Jackfruit is the national fruit of Bangladesh.
And here's one of a jackfruit growing on a tree:The next is of a vegetable stand--I only know what about half of these vegetables are--we're supposed to have a day of 'cooking' class where they take us to a huge vegetable market to familiarize us and then cook some of what we buy....this image clockwise from back left has potatoes, unknown, chilis, tomatoes, unknown huge gourd things, a couple varieties of cucumber, I don't know what the prickly yellowish things are, some small eggplants, some bamboo-shoot looking things, and ginger. The basket in the middle with what looks like pickling cucumbers is most definitely NOT--I bought some and cut them open and I don't know what they were. Anyway, just a typical veggie stand photo. This next one is the tiniest baby goat I've ever seen in my life. I had to include my foot so you could see how tiny he was! SO CUTE. I guess he was just born that day or the day before?And here's a image of a random roadside archway/entry way. These types of things are all over the place and I don't really know what they are--if I figure it out, I'll let you know! Probably an entry to a mosque or wedding hosting site.
Here's one for my bicycle friends--just a bike. There aren't that many, actually--mostly all rickshaws, but the ones that do exist are pretty heavy and burly. I have yet to see any bikes with gears--not even rickshaws, which is strange b/c gears would really help those guys out when they're carrying extra loads! Often the drivers just get off and push....maybe this could be a business venture/niche market--rickshaws with gears?And finally, a true double decker bus. I say it's "true" double decker because even though it's hard to tell from this angle, it's really just a second bus fused to the top of another. I haven't seen any others like this, so I don't know how many like this exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment