Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Happy Tailor

Here's a photo of a fellow faculty and friend, Shahirah with the tailor. The name of this place is called Happy Tailor and so far they've done some excellent work. This day she was translating for me so I could get two sari blouses made (no photos yet, but working on it)...she also got a couple of items altered and sewn.
You can get anything sewn custom-fit here and it's awesome. I got two sari blouses sewn (and they fit beautifully) and two saris hemmed for less than $10. Shahirah got a 3-piece shalwar outfit sewn and two shirts altered for around $7. There's just a guy with a measure tape and a book to write down what you want and then three dudes jammed behind the counter running treadle machines (behind him) the entire place is about the size of a large American bathroom, but they seem to crank out a LOT of beautiful clothes. I love to watch them cut and sew and remember when I used to do a lot more of that......

No comments:

Post a Comment