Monday, December 27, 2010

Food while traveling

I've been eating a lot of great food on this trip and this is by no means all the good food I've eaten, but a few that I remembered to take photos of....
I began my trip with a 6 hour train ride from Chittagong to Dhaka to get to the airport--here's some of my snackpack food (I always pack food when I travel) and one of the many cups of free tea they kept coming around to serve....awesome!
This photo is christmas day lunch at a hawker street food stall--so tasty and I'm not even quite sure what all we ate, but there was some seafood/coconut milk noodles, a dried beef/curry dish with different style noodles , homemade pork dumplings, some fish ball soup and something else with chicken necks and a fried egg on top. SO TASTY.
Those are two guys staying at my hostel, and we would have had beer to go with our hot lunch in the hot weather, but the hostel had an awesome christmas eve dinner the night before and kept serving us free beer, so we were a bit hungover:
Later on Christmas day/evening, some of us went out to a tapas bar so I could fulfill my craving for wine--this was only mediocre at best, but it tasted SO GOOD to me! A great way to celebrate christmas!
Here's me eating some of the best indian food I've ever had off a big banana leaf. Bangladesh has at least taught me something useful--how to eat properly with my hands! It's not as simple as you might think it is.
And here is the very-common-everyone-eats-it-all-the-time Malaysian dish, Nasi Lemak with a view of the beach--it's rice (of course) with dried fish and spicy chili and probably some other stuff that I can't identify. There's always a half of a boiled egg, some sliced cucumber and peanuts (yum!) They make up lots of these packets in the morning, wrap them in a banana leaf and set them on the tables and you just walk up and open one up if you want to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment