Monday, June 13, 2011

Adventures in Asia: Malaysia

In between my time in various places in Thailand, I also spent almost a week in Malaysia. Unfortunately, I didn't take too many photos, but I had a wonderful time dancing at the Latin Festival in Kuala Lumpur and then a very relaxing time on Tioman Island off the eastern coast.
Here is a photo of the beachside town, Mersing that we took the ferry to the island - a very nice sunset.
And the image of the port as the ferry is coming into the island:
The hotel room was RIGHT on the beach--here's a shot of me on the balcony:



There were many beautiful flowers on the island and most of those photos are going to come in another flower-themed blog post soon. Most of the island is uninhabited jungle--here's a shot:


And finally, I did some AMAZING snorkeling while there--right off the beach in front of my hotel for just the low cost of a mask & fins rental ($6). I don't have any actual photos of it, but here's a photo from the internet that looks very similar to what I was seeing......

No comments:

Post a Comment