I'm writing this from Hong Kong after an epic 14-hour flight. Other than some sore knees from sitting so long, I fared pretty well. The Hong Kong airport is nice and I found a quiet corner near a bunch of plants to chill for a couple hours until my next leg to Dhaka. Once I get to Dhaka there's one last flight to Chittagong. The word on the street is that no domestic flight has EVER left at its scheduled time, so it remains to be seen when I will arrive in my new home. I have no sense of what time or day it is--my watch says 8;15pm Monday, my computer says 5:13am.
I was very sad to leave my friends and family--and the Bay Area! One of the last things I saw on my way to the airport was a GIANT pink triangle on top of a big hill for Gay Pride week. I won't be seeing any of that for quite awhile....
I'll keep updating as I get internet access!
Monday, June 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Amber, it's Anna...we met at book group the other day! I just wanted to let you know that I checked out your blog, and I'm wishing you luck as you complete your travels and settle into your new home. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your adventures :)
ReplyDelete