Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Family photos in Nepal

I recently traveled to Nepal and had a GREAT trip. I will be doing themed posts rather than chronological, so the first theme will be "family". It also gives a nice preview of some of the photos of our adventures to come.....
My mom and aunt come to Asia every winter for their import businesses and my cousin is also getting into the family business. My sister also made the trip to spend time with us, so there were five wild women traveling together! Here are some of the quality family time.

The first is a silly one of my sister and I - these knitted animal hats are apparently all the rage (not just in Nepal, but "the kids" in America, too?) I wouldn't know living in a hot, foreign place...anyway, I wore the tiger to represent Bangladesh:
Here's one of the three Wise gals at a hindu temple.
....and a buddhist temple:
I think this might be the only photo of all five of us together at a yummy restaurant near the end of our trip. Left to right: sister, aunt, cousin, mom, me.My sister Mariah and cousin Oceana in the cold rain in Darbur square in Kathmandu:

And here's one of mother and daughters resting in the shade on a hike up a hill/mountain to the World Peace Temple
My mom and I patiently waiting amongst the chaos of the domestic terminal in Kathmandu before we fly to the quiet lake town of Pokhara. There was an insanely loud, blaring announcement lady that came on every 10-15 seconds. It was great to finally get out of there and to the quiet lake town!
Here's a shot of the professional shoppers checking out their future merchandise:
Here's one of my sister and I enjoying a boat ride across the lake in Pokhara:
And sharing a laugh on the rooftop of our hotel:

My sister, aunt and I listening intently to our guide at a hindu temple:
A shot of (most) all of us walking the medieval streets of Bhaktapur:
It was great to see the family again!

1 comment:

  1. Love the shots of you and mom and sis. Hope you had an awesome time! xoxox

    ReplyDelete