Here's a guy from Ghana (John) enjoying a Hoegaarden with me--I LOVE Hoegaarden, especially when it's hot outside!Friday, January 14, 2011
New international friends
Another themed-post rather than chronological. This is a collection of photos of the new friends I met while traveling. Here's one of us on Christmas day in a mall....Khan, Joyce, Mark and me. (Brit, Malay, Austrian, USA). Khan is a music/sound recording person beginning a PhD program back in the UK now. Joyce and Mark went to school together in New Zealand for awhile and had met up again while traveling around Malaysia over the holidays. Mark spent the past year studying in Japan and was headed back to Europe for awhile.
Here's a guy from Ghana (John) enjoying a Hoegaarden with me--I LOVE Hoegaarden, especially when it's hot outside!
And the next is Lingesh--a native Malaysian whose family is Tamil (from Sri Lanka). He's a Hindu, cuban salsero instructor and a tantra yoga guru. Here he's taking me out to some AMAZING indian food in Kuala Lumpur. He was quite the interesting character and we had good conversations about many things, including hinduism, yoga, relationships.....we danced a lot (he's an amazing dancer) and laughed a lot, too.
Here are Khan and Mark again--earlier in the day on Christmas. This was after an amazing lunch of mystery food in a hawker market--very tasty!
And Zack, the American surfer, restauranteur, fashion designer currently living in Guangzho....
And Mr. Faizal, the malaysian taxi driver/tour guide who took me to the Batu Caves, gave me a ride to Port Dickson and a little around-KL-tour one afternoon. Here I bought him a beer in exchange for the afternoon's tour. We had to drink it out wrapped in plastic bags because it's still a muslim country and Faizal couldn't be caught drinking beer in public.....
I had a great time meeting new people, having fun discussions and seeing new sights through other people's eyes. It's one of the reasons I love traveling solo.....
Here's a guy from Ghana (John) enjoying a Hoegaarden with me--I LOVE Hoegaarden, especially when it's hot outside!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment