I'm trying to keep up on the posts this semester as well and I thought I didn't have any recent photos to share, but I looked on my camera and I have taken a few interesting shots recently....so here they are!
First, the disgusting one. I've mentioned the size of the cockroaches before - they're HUGE. They also fly. I have really never seen a small or medium-sized cockroach. Only large-to-giant-sized. Are they born that big?! Anyway, for about two weeks straight, every morning I would come into my office and find a giant cockroach. So I step on it and go about my business. This particular day, in about 10 minutes, SWARMS of ants came to carry the cockroach away....it was literally inching on its back across my office floor on a stream of ants. I put my shoe in it for scale.
I did scoop it up and put it in the trash after I took this photo - although I was interested to see where the ants were planning on taking it.......
This next image is a somewhat-common occurrence. Just a truck in the middle of the road (with no reason to be - it could have parked on the side street or near the curb) but it's parked in the middle of one of the busiest streets in Dhaka blocking every. single. lane. while they leisurely load some random crap into the back of it.....
These next two are of two boys I saw with a giant bicycle cart of coconuts. They were so small (the boys)! the first one shows the little guy helping to push the cart up a slight hill (he was actually pushing earlier and then he started skipping up on the sidewalk as they got to the top of the hill).
And then I overtook them and got this shot of them going on their way.....
And finally, I've mentioned on this blog before about the interesting light of Chittagong and the fantastical cloud structures that can occur during monsoon season. Here are two photos from an afternoon after some heavy rain:
....and a very common occurrence (that I never get tired of)....a rainbow after a storm! it seems to even brighten the colors on the buildings in my neighborhood!

No comments:
Post a Comment