First, a couple flower photos--the first, a Dahlia and a bee. They grew a lot of nice flowers in the entryway to school when we had VIP visitors a couple months back....
The next are two images of the masjid (mosque) nearby school. There are a LOT of mosques here and most of them are unassuming, plain buildings. They all have loudspeakers for the call to prayer--most evenings I can hear 4-5 simultaneous prayers and it has an odd discordant harmony that I enjoy in a way. This is the nicest looking mosque I've seen in Chittagong. The first image is of the dome and entryway. The second is how I like to view it--with the sky and palm trees surrounding it. In the evenings when the sun is going down, it has beautiful light behind it.
These next couple photos are from the local "beach". The Karnafuli river empties into the Bay of Bengal at the southern tip of Chittagong. There's a beach there and on a recent field trip, we stopped for a short time with some students.
The first is an image of the beach, the locals and the sunset:
And finally, the mosquitos here have special behavioral properties...they're small, very quick, they don't make the same whining noise so you can't track them in the dark AND the same mosquito will bite you numerous times! See photo:

I enjoyed your pictures and descriptions. The picture of cute dogs was my favorite one. I hate mosquitoes too. How do you fight against these evil bugs?
ReplyDelete